One of the most recent methods used in our clinic is dental treatment under the microscope. This modern equipment provides precision and high efficiency.
A dental microscope, used to treat more complicated cases, allows to significantly magnify and brighten the treatment area up to 18 times. This helps dentist to locate and properly treat all root canals as well as fill them with permanent filling. Root canals are often very narrow and hard to locate. Sometimes there are additional root canals, usually with an irregular shape which complicates access and thorough treatment.
Using a microscope during treatment also helps with dealing with other problems, e.g. broken dental tool removal, root canal re-treatment or endodontic perforation closure.
Indications for microscopic root canal treatment (in cases where this is the only chance of salvaging the tooth):
- root canals are very narrow, obliterated or bent which can cause perforation or tool breakage
- root canals are impossible to find using standard methods
- endodontic re-treatment
- root canal perforation treatment – perforation should be closed using specific material
- rare and complicated root canal anatomy
- broken dental tool removal
- suspected breakage or cracking in tooth, invisible to the naked eye
All treatments under the microscope are pain-free.